Sunday, June 14, 2009

Celebration for Soli and Gabe

Last night we went to an Eritrean/ Ethiopian party for our good friends, Soli and Gabe, who just had their first child. It was so fun being part of another cultures traditions. The food was amazing. The music and dancing was great. And being able to experience another cultures traditions made me wish, as an American, we had more cultural traditions. The women wore beautiful traditional clothes. I had only wish I could have studies up on Eritrea first. So today I googled it and learn it was once a colony of Italy, then became part of Ethiopia and then in 1993 became a independent state. Its a northeastern African country between Ethiopia and Sudan, and borders the Red Sea. Most natives speak more than one language and there has been lots of unrest over the years. Here are some pictures from our night.















No comments: