Sunday, January 24, 2010

family check-in

So I love to follow people (my sister in-laws friends mostly) on their blogs, and love stumbling upon new blogs through friends of friends of friends. I find it interesting to learn about all the cool things people are doing, involved with, and feeling. I on the other hand, feel like its hard to find anything exciting to write about. So I guess I will give a status update on our lives.

Our update:
  • Grahm had his knee surgery four weeks from this Wednesday - his knee is feeling much better. He has been rehabbing it at the gym and it starting to regain strength.
  • I am still gluten-free and feeling great. I even managed to make gluten-free bread and some of the best chocolate chip cookies, using almond flour.
  • I am back on a 5 day work week, so my weeks fly by and I don't get much done around the house.
  • Grahm set-up a light in the chicken-coop and within days all three chickens were laying eggs everyday.
  • We have started back on our weekly delivery of raw milk from a local farm. I am reading a book about real foods and am learning lots about the value of keeping foods in their natural state. You should check out Real Food and Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck.
  • Since we are eating so well -lots of veggies, grass fed meat, fish, raw milk and organic dairy I feel confident that I am getting all my needed nutrients, so I started eliminating the supplements I was taking.
  • My brother moved back from Texas and is living with us again. It's been great having him around the house but its also a bit like living with a teenage boy, he eats all our food and is a bit messy.
  • We are slowly getting our trim up and are about to start on trimming-out the windows. I am hoping to have this done by the time I host a baby shower for Amy next month.
  • Grahm bought a pick-up load of chicken manure, which we have spread in our gardens. Currently our yard smells like something died. Our poor neighbors. But its should make all our plants look great this summer.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang....for some reason your blog doesn't show up on my feed. Weird. I think you told me this once...not sure what it doesn't. Missed your last few posts...guess I'll have to start checking it manually.

Good update ;)